Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 4:22 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] debian on a sun enterprise 250

i've already posted this on debian-user@lists.debian.org and was advised to post it here. please forgive duplication, if you've already received this message.

i've recently taken over sysadmin duties for a sun enterprise 250 running debian. the 250's has frontpanels LEDs, and one on this machine, the general fault LED, burns constant yellow. online documentation for the hardware at http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/General/LEDs/E250_LEDs.html says:

This yellow LED blinks slowly while the system runs its power-on self-test (POST) diagnostics and blinks rapidly during OpenBoot diagnostic (OBDiag) tests. It lights steadily when any fault is detected (including a fault also reported by any other LED).

Q: could this be a normal state for enterprise 250s running debian? or is the LED truly reporting that a fault has been detected?

thanks,
james