Re: XFree crashing on kernel 2.4.28

A couple of issues come to mind looking at the transcript of our bug
#280384:

1) Why couldn't Peter De Schrijver experience this problem for himself
on the Debian 2.6.8.1 kernel?

2) Why does Admar Schoonen's work-around (using the debug server)
function properly? I think it's supremely ironic that the debug build
doesn't have the bug. LOL.

3) What do we do to get a relevant developer to look at this? Nobody
with official status in Debian has acknowledged this yet; therefore, I
suspect nothing will be happening for a while, eh?

4) Dieter, could you add on to the bug report, please? I think if more
people can document this, we might have more luck with point (3).

Well, that's all for now, let's see where this goes from here. I hope
we can answer these; maybe it will lead to a better understanding of
the problem.

Again, thanks to everybody who has been assisting with this. I really
wouldn't know how to do it without your help.

--- Ron Murray <rjmx@rjmx.net> wrote:
<<I added some more information to bug #280384 yesterday (I think this
is probably the same problem). Briefly, it appears to be some strange
problem with the binary loader that only seems to affect later 2.4 and
2.6 kernels. I think that it's going to take someone much more familiar
with the X code than I to take it much further.>>