#269405: : kernel-image-2.6.8-1-sparc64: keyboard problem

Hi,

I'm looking at bug #269405, which apparently is due to 2.6 kernels now
using non-Sparc keyboards.

A proposed solution is for console-data to remove old boottime.kmap.gz
files (which contain the sun keymap) when it detects 2.6 kernels on
sparc. However I am wondering how this affects 2.4 machines; is a Sun
machine without a sun keymap usable?

Please CC: me as I do not usually follow this list.

Regards
Alastair McKinstry