Re: Sun E250

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 03:54:25PM -0500,
 Gonzalo Fernández Carrasco <gonzalo@grupoarsenal.com> wrote
 a message of 27 lines which said:

> Hello, I'm trying to install debian sarge into a Sun E250 with the
> net install cd, and I'm having the following problems:

I recently installed Debian on two Enterprise E250.

> Any help will be appreciated. I have been using linux for a long
> time now, I didn't expect this task to be so difficult

1) If you use the sarge installer, be sure you have rc2. rc1 made many
problems on my Sparcs.

2) Practically speaking, if your purpose is to run Debian and not to
beta-test the installer, it is better to install woody and then to
upgrade.

3) What about network booting? This is not a f...ing PC, you have
network booting and it works fine without the need to burn a CD for
each test.