Re: audio on a Sparc

Am Samstag, 9. Oktober 2004 13:50 schrieb Martin Habets:
> - These drivers use /dev/audio and /dev/audioctl. If you don't have these
> files, run 'MAKEDEV audio' in /dev.

Those are already present.

> - What is the output from the audioctl program?

# audioctl -a
name=SUNW,am79c30
version=a
config=onboard1
encodings=not yet implemented
monitor_gain=0
output_muted=0
play.rate=8000
play.channels=1
play.precision=8
play.encoding=ulaw
play.gain=200
play.balance=32
play.port=0x1 (speaker (0x1))
play.avail_ports=0x3 (speaker (0x1)|headphone (0x2))
play.samples=0
play.eof=0
play.pause=0
play.error=0
play.waiting=0
play.open=0
play.active=0
play.buffer_size=0
[...]

Still, mpg123 does not want to play.
However, unloading amd7930.o and loading dbri.o and installing mpg321 made it
work when running "mpg321 -o sun -a /dev/audio file.mp3".
However, the CPU does not have enough power for on-the-fly-decoding ;)

mpg321 can decode to .au and I did that. But playing that fails (using cat).
The suggested way from the audioctl doesn't work because /dev/stdout does not
exist :-O
Obviously some Debian package forgot the following part from the kernel
documentation (Documentation/devices.txt):
These links should exist on all systems:
/dev/fd         /proc/self/fd   symbolic        File descriptors
/dev/stdin      fd/0            symbolic        stdin file descriptor
/dev/stdout     fd/1            symbolic        stdout file descriptor
/dev/stderr     fd/2            symbolic        stderr file descriptor

Installing the kernel sources just to find out is definitely not the best
way ;)
Now, I just have to find a working .wav file player...

HS

        oder über pgp.net