Need help porting script to SPARC

Hello everyone,

I'm the project admin for a project on sourceforge called PPCConfDB - PPC Config File Database.

This Project is an attempt to create a reasonably large database of all-round configurations for GNU/Linux systems on the PowerPC architecture, including kernel, XFree86, bootloader, configuration files and other helpful information.

I would like to port the script that we currently use for PPC to SPARC.

People run this script:
http://ppcconfdb.sourceforge.net/programs/make-db/make-db

Which produces a tarball with all the relevant configurations on the box.

Could someone test the make-db script on their SPARC? If something fails / is missing please let me know. It will take me a while to setup one of my SPARCs, so I think it would be easier if someone else tests it.

On a side note, where can I find a list of SPARCs with hardware info etc.? I'm guessing that Sun has something on their website. I saw some info under handbooks, but I am looking for more than just recent SPARCS.

Thanks a lot for any help!

- Mick

(o> Web / software developer
( )     UNIX Systems Admin