hard drive problem

hello

I have a sparc ultra 2 and i'm running a 2.4.19 linux kernel...
I use two sca hard disks (not originals)... with one... no problems
but with the second, i have this error at boot :

sda: unsupported sector size 520

and then the disk is remove from the filesysteme... all tools like scsiformat, fdisk needs an /dev entry...
I suspect this disk to come from an array of disks or something like that...

I don't have other computer able to perform the format...

if someone has an idea to solve my problem, he is welcome...

thanks by advance

simon