We have received your e-mail.

Thank you for contacting NJHire.

** IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECRUITERS AND APPLICANTS WHO USE AOL **

We recently contacted AOL about password and registration problems that
only AOL users are experiencing.  Per AOL, you will need to change your
AOL e-mail settings/preferences so our e-mails are not blocked.   The
e-mail addresses associated with NJHire are:  njhire@usteach.com
<mailto:njhire@usteach.com>  and notice@njhire.com
<mailto:notice@njhire.com> .  If those e-mails are blocked, you will not
receive your registration information or any password requests. Please
contact AOL for further information.

*	We do not have access to passwords.  If you have forgotten your
password, please select "Forgot Password?" on the applicant page and
follow the instructions.  If you are still having technical
difficulties, please e-mail help@usteach.com <mailto:njhire@usteach.com>
.
*	Applicants - if you have not received your username and
password, please e-mail help@usteach.com <mailto:help@usteach.com> .

Applicants:
The answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) are below.  Please
read the list carefully to find the answer to your question.

If your question is not addressed in the FAQ's, we will respond to you
as soon as possible.

FAQ's

*	If you have questions about teacher licensing requirements,
(traditional or alternate route), or any other licenses, such as
principals, guidance counselors,etc., please visit www.njhire.com
<http://www.njhire.com/>  and select "Routes to Licensure", visit
www.state.nj.us/education <http://www.state.nj.us/education>  and select
"Licensing" or call 609-292-2070, between the hours of 2 - 4 p.m.
Detailed information on certification and licensing can by found by
visiting http://www.nj.gov/njded/code/title6a/chap9/.
*	For information about new Alternative Pathways to Teacher
Preparation, please visit: http://www.state.nj.us/njded/aps/heqi/alt.htm
<http://www.state.nj.us/njded/aps/heqi/alt.htm>  and
http://www.njccc.org/teachered.htm
*	Candidates seeking a Certificate of Eligibility (CE),
Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS) or a standard
certificate must hold a GPA of 2.5 or higher.  Such candidates who
graduate on, or after, September 1, 2004, however, must have a GPA of
2.75 or higher.
*	To receive an application for licensure, or to inquire about
your application's status, please call the Office of Licensing &
Credentials at 609-292-2070.  The Office of Licensing & Credentials
handles all licensing concerns.  You can also view your status online,
go to www.state.nj.us/education and select "licensing".
*	If you are a NJ resident, please contact your County Office of
Education for a licensure application.  (You can find the list of county
offices on www.state.nj.us/education <http://www.state.nj.us/education>
).
*	You can search for jobs by visiting www. <http://www.njhire.com>
njhire.com.  Over 3,000 positions are posted on njhire.com.
*	We do not accept resumes at this e-mail address for teaching
positions.  You will need to register as an applicant on njhire.com to
post your resume and application for positions.
*	According to the American Federation of Teachers, the average
beginning teacher salary in New Jersey for 2002-03 was $35,673; the
average teacher salary was $53,872.  We do not have school district
salary schedules.  You can contact the school district where you would
like to work or visit http://www.njschooljobs.com/salaryinfo.asp
<http://www.njschooljobs.com/salaryinfo.asp> .
*	The State of NJ Department of Education does not offer
scholarships or grants for those pursuing a degree in education.  For
information on other sources of financial aid please visit:
www.recruitingteachers.org and search for "financial aid."
*	For information on loan deferment and forgiveness, go to:
http://studentaid.ed.gov/PORTALSWebApp/students/english/teachercancel.js
p?tab=repaying
*	Are you pursuing Preschool -3rd Grade certification?  Please
contact the New Jersey Professional Development Center for Early Care
and Education for child care center teachers for information about
scholarship and tuition reimbursement for those pursuing Preschool - 3rd
Grade (P3) certification.  Please call 908-737-5920 for more
information.

*  If you have 60 or more college credits and would like to become a
substitute teacher, you must apply through the county where you would
like to work.  You can find the list of county offices on
www.state.nj.us/education <http://www.state.nj.us/education> .

INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES:
* License(s)/certificate(s) are issued only to applicants who are
citizens or who have declared their intention to become citizens.  A
notarized affidavit of intent to become a citizen and a notarized
non-citizen oath must be submitted with the application of a
non-citizen.  Visit www.nj.gov/njded/educators/license/ for these forms.

* You must have foreign credentials evaluated.  Visit
www.nj.gov/njded/educators/license/ for information on the determination
of the equivalent of studies completed in other countries.

* The State of NJ does not sponsor Visa's.
Contact either of these State of NJ approved International Teacher
Placement Agencies regarding sponsorships.

* Visiting International Faculty - www.vifprogram.com
<http://www.vifprogram.com>
* Amity Institute - www.amity.org <http://www.amity.org>