From: Lorenzo [mailto:ariox@free.fr]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 12:43 PM
To: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Question on extended LBA (48Bit) adressing of HDD

Hi,

I've got almost same problem on my Ultra10 workstation with Debian on it
with my an  Hitachi Deskstar 250GB.

I succed to make my hdd works, by
1) put the hdd on a Dell PC
2) make it recognise by the bios
3) format it by windows
4) put it back on the Sun Ultra10
5) play a little with fdisk / mkfs

Here a part of my logs about dmsg and the drive
hdb: HDS722525VLAT80, ATA DISK drive
hdb: 268435455 sectors (137439 MB) w/7938KiB Cache, CHS=266305/16/63, (U)DMA

Hope it's help.
Regards.
Lorenzo