Re: Kernel 2.6.8 - SILO/initrd problems

[...installed debian kernel-image 2.6.8 package...]
[...didn't work...]
> P.S  I tried adding "initrd=/boot/initrd.img" to the /boot/silo.conf
> file.. and while linux then booted to my login prompt, the keyboard
> mapping was incredibly messed up (tried lots of different keyboards,
> too), when I "stop" back into openprom the keyboard works (but only in
> openprom)
>
> For instance, "a" is mapped to "1" and "s" is mapped to "2" and "d" is
> mapped to "3" and CapsLock is mapped to "t".
>
> Sounds like something got royally messed up in some crucial memory
> area....
>
> ideas?

AFAIK you need to have the initrd line in your silo.conf. However 2.6.x kernels appear to be broken under debian ATM - the reason that I'm not using 2.6.x :(

kernel-image-2.6.8-1-sparc64: keyboard problem [bug in console-data]

--
Neil