Re: System monitor & Fans om a Netra 1125

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 12:59, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

> Did anyone ever bring the system monitor to live on a Netra 1120 / 1125 ?
I doubt it.

> CONFIG_BBC_I2C doesn't find the i2c controller, and CONFIG_ENVCTRL says I
> don't have an I2C controller.
That is correct.

The system monitoring is done via an embedded microprocessor and the
environmental data is communicated via a non-i2c link. I don't believe
that the protocols are published by Sun. Probably the nearest that you
will get to a description of what happens is in the 1120/1125 manuals at

http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hardware/docs/Servers/Netra_Servers/Netra_t/index.html

> Suggestions welcome, links to tech docs even more :)

Richard

--
richm@oldelvet.org.uk