Re: FTBFS: fftw3

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 08:15:44AM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:40:56 -0400
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > > But the build failure is real, and needs to be fixed independantly.
> > > As mentioned in other emails, it's most likely a binutils bug since
> > > glibc builds are failing similarly.
> >
> > Is it the sparc32 glibc build, or the v9 optimized one? If the latter,
> > then the bug may be related to the -mcpu=ultrasparc flag.
>
> Get the assembler from one of the failed test cases and look
> for registers >= %f32 with odd numbers such as %f33 or %f35.
> If you can't find that, it is in fact a binutils bug.
>
> -mcpu=ultrasparc only means anything because it allows usage
> of the >= %f32 float regs, -mcpu=v9 would do that too and thus
> also trigger the error.

That makes sense then. I'm only suggesting for fftw3 to disable the
-mcpu flag because 1) it's correct, and 2) it would get them past the
build failure. Fixing the binutils bug is a seperate issue. I'll see if
I can look into it.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/