From: Todd Echterling [mailto:Todd.Echterling@millersville.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:55 AM
To: 'debian-sparc@lists.debian.org'
Subject: Debian on a Sun Blade 1500

Good Afternoon everyone,

I hope someone can help.

I am trying to install SPARC Debian on a Sun Blade 1500. I have tried debian-30r1-sparc-binary-1.iso, debian-30r2-sparc-binary-1.iso, the net install sarge disk, and the businesscard image, but none will boot. It comes up with the screen welcoming you to Debian and press Enter to start the install. I press enter start the and the machine displays this message "loading initial ramdisk" and then reboots. I have tried other linux on it and they don't even get that far. If anybody can help it would be much appreciated.

Some of the images successfully allocate the ram, load the initial ramdisk and then just lock up when it says “ remapping the kernel”

Please help! I want Debian on the box. I may have to give up and use that “G” linux  uggghhhh

Thanks,

Todd E Echterling

System Administrator

Computer Science Department