Re: Kernel serie 2.6 compilation error on sparc64

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:23:59 -0300
Antonio Luiz Pacifico <pacifico@ipt.br> wrote:

> Some days ago I related that kernel source 2.6.7 was with erros during
> the compilation.
> David S. Miller answered to try 2.6.8-rc3.
> I did. But the compilation failled again.

How did it fail with 2.6.8-rc3?  With arch/sparc64/defconfig
it compiles perfectly for me.

Please don't say "it failed again", show us exactly how.

I use current 2.6.x kernels on all of my machines here
for kernel development, and they work just fine.  Build
failures are usually from deviations from arch/sparc64/defconfig
or similar, so you have to show the exact failure and
(as you happily did) list your configuration as well.

Thanks.