PHP problems, related to some libraries?

Hello.

On August #rd, I upgraded my SparcStation 5 box (running unstable), and
since then, PHP sessions are broken.  I get the read returned less bytes
than requested" warning on the top of the pages.  My configuration has not
changed, nor the PHP app that I was using.  THe PHP code is simple
session_start().

Anyways, after some research, I am thinking that it may be possible that
there is a 32/64 bit library mess somewhere.

1. Does anyone has similar configuration to mine (Linux Salsa 2.4.21 #1
Thu Aug 7 18:10:47 EDT 2003 sparc GNU/Linux) with php working properly (or
not) with the latest unstable updates?

2. Is it possible that one of the Debian Sparc maintainers accidentally
compiled some library or part of it using 64-bit libs?  I think that 32
libs are default for sparc distro, right?

Bojan