Re: Sarge installer fails at "Saving installation logs"

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 11:54:46 +0200, Alex Bartok wrote:
> I'd say that's a bad daily, you you tried older images ?
> It probably wants to say: `E: Unimplemented function'
> On the other hand, you could investigate what happens after the 75% /
> installation log (I believe you're actually completely or almost
> completely done - maybe LiLo/Grub is missing) and do it yourself on the
> 2nd console.

LILO? Grub? this is not debian-i386.. :)

>> Yesterday I was trying to install Sarge on my SS10. Got the installer
>>  from /debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-sparc/current/images/sparc32/
>>  (ftp.at.debian.org), netbooted the SS10 with it and chose to install
>>  "testing". Everything went smoothly until after it told me that it was
>>  finished and would now like to reboot:

[snip]

>> At which point it now hangs.

I can't really help with this, no one knows what the problem is. But you
can certainly try again, with the RC1 boot images, available at

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-sparc/rc1/images/sparc32/netboot/boot.img

Tell us what happens!

--
Joshua Kwan