all is read-only

Hello,
I just installed a woody 3.0r1 on an Ultra5.
Then I changed the sources.list to testing, then dist-upgraded the distro.

All passed ... but when rebooting, the root FS is read-only so that nothong can launch ... (removing tmp files cant'be done because of FS read-only, no deamons can be launch because of FS read-only, ...)

It is still kernel 2.4.18 (from the woody one) ... how do you suggest me to solve this ? I cant copy/paste you the boot messages because it's not the same machine as the one i write with now....

Is it a known problem ? ...
Thanks in advance for your precious help
--
Rakotomandimby Mihamina Andrianifaharana
Tel : +33 2 38 76 43 65