Re: PROM upgrade running Debian?

> > > Oh, you have to run shar on that script to extract the executable.

> > not the case with the X1s (and presumably more newer boxes).

> > 	I'd say that the only way would be to have a netbootable Solaris and use
> > it for this task.

> I've upgraded my Blade 100's PROM using this method. Not sure why it
> isn't working for you.

	Can you look up the patch name you used?

	I have 111952-03, which unzips a README and a script called
Update.to.flapjack_lite.4.0.18@OS.

	In the latter, I had to change the line that reads:
grep "^->" $0 | sed -e "s/^..//" | uudecode -p /dev/stdin >$TMPFILE
	and make it:
grep "^->" $0 | sed -e "s/^..//" | uudecode >$TMPFILE

	Or just take the uucode at the end of the file, strip the "->" at the
beginning of each line. Then I get a script called, well, script.

	At the end of that new script, there is another uucoded file like in the
previous one, that unpacks to flash_bundle.tar.Z; unfortunately, the uucoded
file in 'script' contains non-ASCII characters, so the resulting
flash_bundle.tar.Z doesn't uncompress (maybe that's because I used a Linux
uudecode? Shouldn't happen).

	On top of that, the code at the beginning of 'script' symlinks things
from /devices to /dev/flashprom:0 depending on the results of prtconf, and
the messages at the end indicate that updated firmware takes effect after
next reboot; so it seems clear that this patch runs on top of Solaris without
any rebooting.

--
Alfredo Sola
ASP5-RIPE