Re: fdisk

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 09:50:38AM -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:
[../..]
| > the first 512 byte of /dev/hda and the 512 byte of  /dev/hda1 are
| > identical .
|
| That's the case if hda1 starts at cylinder 0. And it is unlike the PC
| where the first 512 bytes (the MBR) is not part of any partition.
[../..]

Ok in this case ,the partition table , is in the first 512 of /dev/hda1 .

When you format /dev/hda1 , the first 512 bytes is not
 use by any filesystem ?

In this context ,i have lost my partition table . After this
command :
 mke2fs -c -c -j /dev/hda1 .

" -c -c " checks for bad blocks with writing tests .

    / Erwan MAS                                                 /\