Re: XFree86 X server: does loading the dri module still hose sunffb users?

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 03:47:42PM +0100, Steve King wrote:
> Not being an expert.....
>
> I have been playing with unstable (xserver-xfree8 4.3.0-7)
> on my Ultra 10 with an elite video card. (which uses sunffb)
> and I added in the dri module using
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
> no problem:
>
> [...]
> Section "Module"
>         [...]
>         Load    "ddc"
>         Load    "dri"
>         Load    "extmod"
>         [...]
> EndSection
> [...]

Thanks for following up.  I've decided to go ahead and remove this
special-case logic and this will appear in a future release (along with
a ton of other changes to the xserver-xfree86 config script).

> There are some issues that may be worth mentioning:
> local OpenGL clients segfault (though remote ones are
> fine, so that suggests a mesalib problem)

Please file a bug report against xlibmesa-gl.  Installation of the
xlibmesa-{gl,glu,dri}-dbg packages, and a backtrace from a segfaulting
client, would be *very* helpful.

> Ctrl-Alt F1,F2 and backspace don't seem to work.

Please see the Debian X FAQ[1], and see if the technique for
troubleshooting a misbehaving "< >" key even when the XkbModel is set to
pc102 or pc105 works.

If it doesn't, or if you find a problem in the actual XKB data for your
keyboard model, please file a bug against xlibs.

[1] http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xsf/XFree86/trunk/debian/local/FAQ

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Sometimes, getting your patch in is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    just a matter of waiting for