Re: Keyboard-Problems with kernel 2.6 and my Ultra60 solved

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Joerg Friedrich wrote:

> Hi,
>
> some weeks ago I reported a problem with my keyboard (and mouse) not working with
> kernel >= 2.6.5 on my Ultra60.
>
> After searching a lot and even more kernel building I know now that is
> absolutly neccessary to set
>
> CONFIG_SERIAL_SUNSU=y
>
> The sun keyboard connection a serial one and the the su driver is needed
> to use it.
>
> Additionally I had to tell console-data to keep the kernels keymap.
> every other setting leads to an unusable keyboard.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I just installed Debian Woody on my
Ultra1.  I've since did a "apt-get dist-upgrade" and everything seems to
work, except for the keyboard in X.  The Sun keyboard works fine on the
console, but as soon as I startx, the keyboard stops working.  I've
searched on google for some XF86Config files, and my XF86Config file
looks similar to those posted.  Has any one run into this issue before
as well?  Thanks for any tips.

--
Jiann-Ming Su  jsu2@emory.edu
Network Communications, Emory University