Re: initrd testing

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 05:16:34PM -0700, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2004 18:14:38 +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> > Make sure that it has the same block size as cramfs (which is the same
> > as the page size on your arch).  Otherwise the cramfs probing will
> > kill the initrd contents.
>
> You say that I should use the page size as the block size. However, on
> sparc64 this is 8192, and ext2 blocks only work in 1, 2, and 4 K blocks.

In that case please recompile your kernel without cramfs.  Otherwise
it'll destroy anything that doesn't use 8K blocks.

You can turn it back on in 2.6 as cramfs there doesn't change block
sizes anymore.

In all cases, you still need to make sure that the block size of
your ext2 filesystem matches that of the the RAM disk driver.