Odd behaviour of ethernet interfaces in Netra X1

	Hi all,

	I have setup sarge on this machine. The debian installer beta 4 went without
major problems, which was an improvement over beta 3. I have found, however,
that it behaves funny with the ethernet interfaces.

	With the stock kernel, the names of the interfaces on the back of the unit
are reversed (eth0 is the physical interface 1 and viceversa). No big deal,
but a bit annoying especially as the no carrier error is a bit obscure.

	With 2.6.5 from the debian archive, all I can get is this on the console:

eth0: Tx timeout - resetting
SABRE0: PCI SERR signal asserted.
SABRE0: PCI bus error, PCI_STATUS[caa0]

	Tried the other interface with the same results (only that it says "eth1"
rather than "eth0").

	I have googled and browsed the list archives but references to errors like
this are scarce and none seem to fall in the same category.

	Any hints, pointers or suggestions appreciated. TIA.

--
Alfredo Sola
ASP5-RIPE