woody in E250 / CD locked, LED blinking

Hello.

I'm running Debian stable in an Enterprise 250 with linux 2.4.19. Some
time ago, the LED of CDROM drive started to blink, and it did not stop
so far.  The CD unit is now unusable; it can not eject.  It starts
blinking immediately after boot.  I tried several Openboot commands in
order to re-detect/configure... the CD, but was no lucky.

Does anybody have any idea about this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

Cheers.

	c artime

                   San-autoritatoj avertas, ke uzado de