Kernel compile howto for sparc

Hello all
I'm a long time linux user but all on x86. I recently started my foray
into linux sparc when I loaded Debian unstable on my Ultra 5. I would like
to compile my own kernel to stay on the bleeding edge. I've done this
many, many times before on x86, I was just wondering if there are any
gotchas for sparc. I know about lilo vs. silo, so booting the new kernel
isn't that big of a deal. Do I 'make bzImage' like on x86? Is there a
howto that covers this? TIA

--
Adam Haeder
Vice President of Information Technology