Re: kernel woes

Randy Rodriguez wrote:

If I install kernel-image 2.4.24 via apt (the most current available from
official mirror sites), I can boot into the new kernel but then the
machine is unable to connect out. No ftp, no ssh, no http, nothing. However, inbound connectivity is fine. This made my head hurt, so I moved
onto Plan B: The Reinstall.

The network connectivity problems you are experiencing are probably due
to ecn (Explicit Congenstion Notification) being on. On my sparc box
this seems to be the default. on i386 I don't get this problem.

I am running 2.4.24-sparc64

All you need to do is:
echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

Regards,