Re: USB keyboard & mouse on Sun Ultra 5 w/PCI USB card

> >I have it connected to a 4-port USB KVM switch, and I bought and installed a
> >Belkin F5U219 3-port (2 external, 1 internal) USB 2.0 PCI card so that I can
> >use the USB keyboard & mouse instead of the Sun keyboard and mouse, which  I
> >would really like to get off of my desk.
> >
> >For the life of me, I cannot get the sparc to accept input from either the USB
> >keyboard (Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro) or the USB mouse (Kensington
> AFAIK there is no way to get a usb keyboard working as a console on
> any sun that did not ship with a usb keyboard.
If you mean OpenBoot console then I agree - I don't think there is a
way; I guess an OpenBoot upgrade might help but I think the PCI card
would have to be 'OpenBoot aware' to some degree.

If you mean Linux console then it should be possible with the right
kernel and set up.

If you mean X then again, it should work.

Cheers,
 - Martin

--
Martin