Re: Sun Ultra 1, Happy Meal Ethernet and 2.4.18

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 06:30 +0100, Sebastian Niehaus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Debian on a Sun Ultra 1 Creator 3d. The Sarge imags I
> got dind't detect my cdrom drive so I used Woody which worked quite
> well.
>
> One Problem I experience now is the hanging HappyMeal syndrome which
> seems to be common in 2.4.18. Since I am going to upgrade to a Sarge
> kernel: has this Item been fixed in 2.4.27?

Maybe you find this page useful:
http://www.initio.dk/linux_on_ultra1.html
The fix he uses for the ethernet lockup in Woody (outcommenting the
getty lines in /etc/inittab) worked fine for me on my Ultra1 with Woody,
which was also affected by this lockup. later I upgraded to Sarge and
the problem was solved. Hope this helps.

Peter