Re: stop-a

Hi Dieter,

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Jurzitza, Dieter wrote:

Dear listmembers,
I accidentally found that "stop a" is active on a running sarge. Is this by
intent? SuSE switched that off and made a configuration option - who wants it on may turn it on. I haven't found anything similar in SARGE, don't you think that would make sense? Just a commentary; should I rise a bug-report for that?
Thank you,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

It is definitely not a bug, Stop-A feature is extremely useful for debugging stuff. You can turn it on and off using either /proc/sys/kernel/stop-a or sysctl variables kernel.stop-a. For example, to disable it at boot, you might want to add a line

kernel.stop-a = 0

to your /etc/sysctl.conf file. See man 5 sysctl.conf for details.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org