Re: ultra1 creator system freeze after terminal detach

It sounds like hyperterm sends out a break signal during disconnect.  There
are several ways to correct your problem.

1. Figure out how to disable the sending of the break signal from hyperterm
or use other terminal program which does not send out the break signal.

2. You can configure OBP not to react to the break signal.  I don't remember
how to do this.   But this is not a good idea.

3. You can configure the kernel to ignore the break signal.
sysctl -w kernel/stop-a=0