RE: FW: Install help for sparc

You are correct...  the tools are not the problem...  fdisk runs fine...  i
am having trouble getting the hard drive partitioned correctly so that I can
just load the kernal & modules.  when i try and check the numbers that fdisk
reports when i print the partition table, they do not "add" up to what I
would expect...   it gives me the following info:

Disk /dev/sdb (Sun disk label): 5 heads, 390 sectors, 3 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1950 * 512 bytes

   Device Flag    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sdb1             0         2      1950   83  Linux native
/dev/sdb2  u          2         3       975   82  Linux swap
/dev/sdb3             0         3      2925    5  Whole disk

I know that my hard drive is 9.170 GB, but I cannot calculate that from the
numbers above... maybe I am not supposed to be able to do that, but i am not
sure...  I basically need help figuring out how to size up my hard drive(s)
so that I can partition them based upon my understanding their geometry and
being able to calculate the correct sizes of the partitions that I am
creating...  until I can do this without error, I will not be able to move
to the next step

Help from anyone who is familiar with this is appreciated.

-Mike