Re: snd_sun_cs4231

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 08:29:11PM +1300, kim@igrin.co.nz wrote:
> Could someone please let me know if there's a known problem with linux
> 2.6.8.1 and snd_sun_cs4231 and alsa 1.0.6, or whether I'm just doing
> something really stupid?
>
> I compiled 2.6.8.1 (on Sarge) with alsa support for the sun cs4231 (I'm
> using an UltraSPARC 10), and with oss emulation. Attempting to 'insmod'
> snd-sun-cs4231 results in:
> Running 'modprobe', however, loads the module, and these modules too:

Modprobe resolves all inter-module dependencies and loads all the
necessary modules (using insmod I think). The other modules loaded are
ALSA base modules.

> Running 'alsamixer', or a similiar program, fails with:
>
>  gives this:
>
> kernel: ioctl32(alsamixer:5735): Unknown cmd fd(3) cmd(40045500){00}
> arg(effff53c) on /dev/snd/controlC0
>
> I've made all the necessary devices with MAKEDEV... I've got all the right
> alsa packages installed.
>
> What gives? What stupid step have I forgotten? Should this be going to the
> linux-kernel mailing list?

Don't know why you get this error. You /dev/ files are probably okay.
Posting to alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net may be your best bet, as you
are using the generic ALSA ioctl.

--
Martin
30 years from now GNU/Linux will be as redundant a term as UNIX/MERT is