Re: buildd failure for sparc - floating point encoding?

Dave Love wrote:
Martin <inkubus@interalpha.co.uk> writes:

Given that most of the machines sold by Sun are based on SPARC chips and
most of the SPARC chips sold are sold by Sun I would guess the 'sun'
setting is what you are after.

As daevm points out, the macros used are simply wrong.  This should be
__sparc__, __MIPSEB__, &c.  (You can check for many cases by looking
at GCC's machine files.)  Macros like `sun' aren't defined in ISO C
mode -- it's `__sun__' -- and don't describe the hardware,
c.f. Solaris x86.  I'm surprised CDF headers are that broken.

So am I <sigh>.

However, the package shouldn't be using its own version of CDF.  It
should build against the Debian package, and a program doing CDF i/o
shouldn't care about this at all.

As far as I can tell, there is no debian package that contains the CDF library. There are a lot of things that have netCDF, but that is a different thing. If you know a debian package that provides the CDF library, please let me know :)

Thanks,

Helen.