java-vm problem w/sarge yahoo messenger

Hi,

I have a Sun Ultra 5 that has a fresh install of Debian Sarge. I want to use Yahoo messenger on it but realise that yahoo doesn't have a linux version for sparc machines. I know there is a java version, which I've used in Solaris before, but I can't get java-vm to work.

I have an intel pc w/sarge and I downloaded and installed the binaries and the java vm still wouldn't work. I want as clean an install as possible. If anyone can give me any pointers I would be very appreciate!!!

I even downloaded the beta version for Solaris on the yahoo website and enable Solaris emulation, but I still couldn't get the software to execute. If anyone can give me any pointers I would be so happy. I really like my sun over my compaq and I'd like to use the sun instead.

Thanks in advance,

    John Kerr Anderson
"Yeah, cheers thanks a lot."
      -Joanna Lumley-