XF86Config-4 kbd for Enterprise 250

   I'm new to Linux on sparc (although been running Debian on other
architectures for several years by now). Currently trying to install
Debian on a Sun Enterprise 250.

   All seems to have gone well, although I had to install woody and
upgrade to sarge because the current sarge installer didn't work. Then
it came time to install X, and that's where I started to get
problems. Mouse works ok after a couple of hiccups involving gpm, but
the keyboard doesn't work right at all. If I start X and bring up a
text editor, hitting a key gets me the character to the left of it
(i.e. 'f' types 'd', 'c' types 'x', and so on). Weird. Naturally the
keyboard works fine in console mode, so I don't think we have a
hardware problem. It's a standard Sun type 6 keyboard and it came with
the E250.

   Here's what I'm using in XF86Config-4's keyboard section at the
moment:

>     Option "XkbRules"   "sun"
>     Option "XkbModel"   "type6"
>     Option "XkbLayout"  "us"
>     Option "XkbKeycodes" "sun(type6)"
>     Option "XkbGeometry" "sun(type5)"

   Anybody have a working XF86Config for an Enterprise 250?

Thanks,

 .....Ron

--
Ron Murray   (rjmx@rjmx.net)