Re: Kernel 2.6.8 - SILO/initrd problems

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:00:18 +0100
Neil Pilgrim <debian-sparc@kepier.clara.net> wrote:

> AFAIK you need to have the initrd line in your silo.conf. However 2.6.x
> kernels appear to be broken under debian ATM - the reason that I'm not
> using 2.6.x :(

I do all of my 2.6.x kernel development, and I mean all of it
even kernel networking maintainence, on sparc64.

> kernel-image-2.6.8-1-sparc64: keyboard problem [bug in console-data]

If you simply, as the bug report recommends, run
"dpkg-reconfigure" on console-data package and tell it to
simply use the kernel keymap things will work perfectly
fine for both 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernels on sparc64.

I guess tha answers your question in the bug report.