Re: Question on extended LBA (48Bit) adressing of HDD

Am Fr, den 10.09.2004 schrieb Jurzitza, Dieter um 14:51:
> Dear listmembers,
> does anyone of you know how to get a 400 GByte AT - drive formatted to it's full capacity? I am limited to 137GByte, whatever I try to do. My main problem is to understand what is the root cause for this limitation. fdisk does not allow me to assign values crossing this limit. hdparm returns this limit - even though I know exactly that the device is larger than that.
> Is this a controler issue? A driver issue?
> Many thanks for helping,

under ggole i found something like this

Linux 2.6.0-test4*

ide: limit drive capacity to 137GB if host doesn't support LBA48

this looks for me that if you host does not support lba48 the you can
not use drives bigger than 137gb
so no its up to you.
does your host support lba48?

regards