NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out

Hello All,

I have installed Debian on Ultra Enterprise 2. I was able to load 2 CD's successfully, I am not sure how I can install rest of the 4 CD's. I tried using dselect and apt-get but didn't work. I tried to search on net for the procedure without any success. Can someone please help me :( ?

This is my first time I am using linux. Have no clue. Please help.

I having another issue, which is the network connection drop if I try to download anything. I have to reboot the machine in order to restore the connection and as soon as I tried using ftp or any large download from a website, the network connection get hung and the download is get interrupted. I checked the "dmesg" and found the following message:

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
eth0: transmit timed out, resetting
eth0: Happy Status 03030000 TX[000003ff:00000101]
eth0: Link is up using internal transceiver at 100Mb/s, Half Duplex,

When reply or answering to any of my question, please keep in mind that I am fairly new to linux :). Please provide as many steps or details possible.

Thanks
Lisan

Get ready for school! Find articles, homework help and more in the Back to School Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04backtoschool.armx