Graphics Card Processing?

This may sound crazy, but it's something I've been wondering about, so I
thought I would ask.

I remember reading a while back about a university that built a cluster
of Sony Playstation 2s, but instead of doing the main processing work
with the CPUs, they used the processors on the graphics cards.

So, I've got a Sun Ultra 10 with the Ultra 3d video card installed. Is
there any project/software that might allow me to use the Ultra 3d as a
secondary processor in this machine? This machine is just going to be
used for web/mysql/e-mail, so I don't have any use for the graphics card
installed. For that matter, I plan on avoiding installing Xwindows, for
security reasons.

Any thoughts, tips, hints or urls would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #18:
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware