Firmware that breaks/burn a CPU!?

Have ANYONE ever heard of such a thing? It happened to me,
and afterwards I saw that it also happened to two other guys...

http://supportforum.sun.com/hardware/index.php?t=msg&th=1814

I'm discussing this with Sun in Sweden, but since I'm not
a contracted customer or anything (I got this machine privatly
in exchange for some jobs I did) I guess I'm not very high
up in the food chain so to speak :)

Currently, they have NOT been able to reproduce the error, but
have anyone here had anything that's REMOTLY close to this happen
to them?
--
Waco, Texas North Korea [Hello to all my fans in domestic
surveillance] SDI Uzi pits Nazi smuggle iodine killed DES tritium