Re: Take 3: sparc64 CDs work?

Hi,

> Thanks to some surprising sleuth work by Boris Gontar we might have a
> workaround for the dastardly initrd bug affecting certain sparc64
> machines.
> So, without further ado:
> * http://june.voxel.net/~joshk/d-i/images/2004-06-04/cdrom-mini.iso (4.7M)

this doesn't worked for me.

> * http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/daily/sparc/current/ (whole
>   shebang, if you're really confident)
> I'm hoping one of these works. If neither do, make sure silo.conf
> includes 'rootfstype=ext2'. I could have screwed up.

I tried a lot. Bot none of the boot params I tried worked. I've also tried the
Image from today, 2004-06-14.

Perhaps the initrd wasn't loaded to ram? Or the initrd wasn't mapped
correctly?

On i386 there is a special debian initrd patch to the kernel, without this
patch, on i386 you can't boot a initrd kernel and you have the same error
message. Perhaps this has something todo with it?

eMHa