Re: Ultra 5 install problem

Kurt,

I’m trying to install Gentoo 2004.1 for the sparc platform on a Blade 100 and I’m seeing the same error.  I also tried to boot off a Debian install cd and experienced the same issue.  I also have a Sun Blade 100 at home that it works booting off of different CD-Rs.  So my best guess for wants going on is the only difference between the two systems is the one at home that works has a CD-ROM drive and the workstation at work has a DVD-ROM.  I’m going to try and find a DVD version of the software and install that.  I’ll keep everyone posted.

Jerome Massey