Re: e250 won't boot from SILO (SUCCESS!!)

Alright, so I booted into the installer and once I had
picked my filesystems again (but told it to keep data,
use and mount the filesystems) I did:

cd /target
chroot . bash
cd /etc/apt
wget http://mysources.list.online/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

It got the new silo and a handful of other things. It
was still sticking a bit, as follows:

With 2.4.26-sparc64-smp:
SILO Version 1.4.5
boot:
Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel
Uncompressing image
Loaded kernel version 2.4.26

Starting CPU 1:
Illegal Instruction

{0} ok

With 2.4.26-sparc64:
SILO Version 1.4.5
boot:
Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel
Uncompressing image
Loaded kernel version 2.4.26

Remapping the kernel... Booting Linux...
(full hang. No stop-A. nothing)

I pulled the power on it, counted to 10, reapplied
power let it boot.....and it did! All the way in. I
installed the smp stuff and voila. We're good to go. I
appreciate your guys help and the fixes that were put
into Silo 1.4.5.

--dw