Re: 2.6.x with no X on a U5

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Mark T. Valites wrote:

> On Fri, 7 May 2004, Patrick Morris wrote:
>
> > Mark T. Valites wrote:
> >
> > >Does anyone here have X working on a U5 in 2.6.5?
> > >

> > Works fine here, as long as I've got evdev loaded -- the mouse device is
> > /dev/input/mice
>
> I've currently got evdev compiled in statically and /dev/input/mice in my
> XF86Config and still no go... I'm rebuilding with evdev as a module -
> success/failure report to follow...

I had lied. The kernel config I had been working with had no evdev.
However, I compiled it as a module, made sure it was loaded, checked for
/dev/input/mice in my XF86Config, and it still doesn't work. Sigh.

Patrick - if you don't mind sending me your kernel and X configs, I'll can
try to get one my U5 at home up on Debian and see if I can get it to go
there.

--
Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst