Re: netboot , need help

> > Try reading the JavaStation HOWTO
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/JavaStation-HOWTO.html
> Well,
> It was a great document to help me to build the kernel .
> Now , my main problem is to make the NFS root filesystem on the x86 server
> I cannot use the server FS because clients and server are not the same
> arch .
> I guess i should have separate /tmp and /var for each box , but it is
> not really described in it .
> Would you have another link that could help me ?
There are several options

1. I believe the Debian installation process can be persuaded to install
onto an NFS root with a little work.
2. IIRC Debian has some pre-rolled pacakges which set up suitable root
filesystems.
3. SLXT is designed to do this for you
http://www.pucebaboon.com/SLXT/
4. Trial and error - add things to the root image until it works how you
want.

Check the Filesystem standard (via http://www.debian.org/devel/) for
which parts of the filesystem you can share between clients.

HTH

Cheers,
 - Martin

--