Re: Arnos firewall script

I haven't looked at that script in particular, but having just setup an iptables firewall on my own U5 recerntly, I'd wager the script has "-m limit" lines within.

Unfortunately, it looks like the limit module is broken for the ultrasparcs, so you'll need to remove/modify those line to remove the reference to the limit module.

- Jeff

Joubin Moshrefzadeh wrote:
Anyone tried using this script?

I'm trying to use it on an Ultra5 running Woody but keep getting errors like:

iptables v1.2.6a: can't initialize iptables table 'nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?) Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
.
.
iptables: Invalid argument
.
.
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

my searches on google suggested "insmod iptables.o", which didn't work, since i guess the modules in /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ are named differently... i.e. ip_tables.o.

but trying to insmod ip_tables.o gives me:
insmod: a module named ip_tables already exists

so neeless to say, i'm a bit stumped... all i want is a simple firewall script, and this seemed like a solution... if anyone can suggest a remedy or suggest other scripts they've had success with on sparc, I'd look forward to the input.

thanks,
Joubin