Re: Diskless NFS Root

>      I am trying to install debian on a Sparc xterminal 1 and use NFS root & Swap I have succesfully booted to the install using TFTP but my question is how should I set up the NFS exports on the host can I start with an empty directory or do I have to put something in it.  If anyone knows of a good How-To that is related to Debian that would be a big help.
As I understand it if you boot using the install initrd image you should
be able to install on the (empty) NFS partition.  This sort of thing is
partially covered by the Debian install manual IIRC.

see
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/ch-partitioning.en.html#s-mount-already-inited

Sweet Dreams,
 - Martin

PS are you sure it's appropriate to send this mail address
> ******Mobile Instant Message*****
> ****** jasonparvu@vtext.com *****
to a public mailing list?  :-P

--