Re: Status of Debian sparc64 kernels

At 15:04 -0500 1/27/04, Ben Collins wrote:
Most people know by now that the Debian sparc64 kernel packages are way
out of date. I've been fighting with kernel sizes for awhile, and even
the current 2.4.21-smp image is too big too boot.

That's going to change over the next week. I just finished up some
changes to SILO and the kernel so that we can boot images as large as
8Megs (instead of the current 3.5Megs).

I need to finish a lot of testing first.

	If you need testing, I want to put debian in a ultra 1 =)