Re: 2.4 Kernel for SPARC 5

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 03:41 CET,
	 David Demland <demland@cox.net> wrote:
> The last time I checked there was not a stable 2,4 kernel for a SPARC 5.
> This that still the case, or can I get a stable kernel for the SPARC 5 now?

Hello,

I assume that you mean SPARCStation 5 and yes, the 2.4 kernel is stable
on that platform (at least in my opinion). I have been using 2.4 for a
few years now without any problems on my SS5. Right now its running with
kernel-image-2.4.21-sparc32, and I'm writing this mail on my SS5.

mvh
| Johan Björklund <the@whero.net> http://whero.net/         |
|  PGP = 813B 014F C0FA B56C FA70  31DC 1C11 3A20 B02B C881 |