Re: Trying to use ipmasqadm

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, David Demland wrote:
> I am trying to use port forwarding on my Sparc 5. It has a 2.2 kernel. When
> I try to use the command:
>
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -R 10.0.0.253 1723 -L 192.168.1.5 1723
>
> I get the message:
>
> portfw: setsockopt failed: Invalid argument
>
> When I do:
>
> ipmasqadm portfw -l
>
> I get the messages:
>
> Could not open "/proc/net/ip_masq/portfw"
> Could not open "/proc/net/ip_portfw"
> Check if you have enabled portforwarding
>
> What have I not configured right to get the port forwarding to work?
>
> Thank You,
>
> David Demland

In the default kernel, Port Forward is neither compiled in nor compiled
as module.  You can proceed with this link and compile your kernel.
It is not a lots of reading (only a few paragraphs).

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/sparc/ch-post-install.en.html#s-kernel-baking

Kernel compilation is not that bad.  Only a few commands.